From:
Joanne Forestell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 15:28:00 EST

I have listed the answers I have received so far to my question for a GF cream
cheese.  The Philadelphia brand is questionable since some say it is GF and
others disagree.  It is also the brand I have used and usually end up with
gluten symptoms so I've just avoided all cream cheeses.

1) I spoke to the Consumer Department at Kraft and their Phila.cream cheese is
not GF.

2) Philadelphia is GF.

3) Light Philadelphia is GF.

4) I eat Philadelphia cream cheese (regular, not reduced-fat) with no problems
whatsoever.

5) I have been using Philadelphia brand.

6) Cabot's makes a cream cheese and their products are GF.

7) If you can tolerate soy, White Wave brand makes a really tasty non-dairy
GF cream cheese.

8) Cabot says their cream cheese is GF.  They are in Vermont.

9) If you have a Hannafords in your area, their brand of cream cheese is GF.

10)I've been using Galbari's Mascarpone instead of cream cheese.  It's
ingredient's are pasteurized cream, nonfat milk solids and citric acid.
Distributed by Cucina Classica Italiana, Inc., Lakewood, NJ 08701.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer!  I'm sure your replies have
been helpful to many others on the list.

Joanne/Delaware