From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:50:35 -0500
I hope this isn't your normal brand of luck.  Probably all caused by the
battery.  The BIOS is loading cmos default settings which are stored in
non-volatile memory, either flash or eeprom.  Your defaults may not include
support for a secondary ide channel.  Press del instead of F1 to enter cmos.
Verify the drives are recognized for their proper size and are enabled.
Save settings and exit.  You will have drives until you again power off.
Tom Turak