From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 07:36:02 -0400
Do this:
Get a listing of your diskette, in a dos box or at a dos prompt type:
dir a:\
you need two files.  himem.sys and config.sys
check the contents of the config.sys file.  You need a line in config.sys
that says:
device=a:\himem.sys
use a text editor like notepad to insert the line above into a:\config.sys
if it is missing.
Copy himem.sys from the windows folder of a working win95 osr2 pc to your
diskette if it is missing.
reboot the pc with the diskette in drive a:
This will allow you to format your drive.
Tom Turak