From:
Brighteyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:32:52 -0800
Hello Richard,
Creative may be popular and all that, but they really are not the greatest
sound card, and there seems to be a great deal of problems with it
working on Win 2k. Even if they have so called updated drivers. Not
always do new drivers work. Sometimes they are worse than the problem itself.

One other thing. I also have VIA. They are up to 4.37a 4in1. I would def put
that one in there. I think you will find that one to work much better than the 4.35.
They have fixed some bugs since the 4.35 drivers. And make sure you get the other
AGP driver that is not included in the 4in1's any longer. That also may help a lot.
Windows 2k will work with Bios Version 1005. Still a good one.
Other than those few things. I am not familiar with anything else.
But I would def go back to VIA and make sure that you have all the driver upgrades
that they have for their Chip. I found quite a few good ones while at the site. I had
to read a lot of info, but found many good ones that are working very well for me and
cleared up a lot of yellow question marks I had in the Device Manager.
There is also a Forum there. You may just find some info with regard to your soundcard there
too.
Hope it all gets straightened out for you.
Regards,
Sue Dobbs

"""""The Creative Sound Blaster was a recent purchase over 30 days
ago. It is their top of line internal PCI Audigy line.
I have the VIA
4 in 1 update at version 4.35 reinstalled after adding devices. It has
a Western Digital 40 GB hard drive with a Award bios from year
2000 something. I am currently checking with Award for a upgrade.
It was a clean install of Win 2k.

Anybody out there with a FC Az11e motherboard running Win 2K
???

Richard F. Bolha"""""