From:
"Richard F. Bolha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:42:47 -0500
Success!  For this unit it took turning off ACPI in the BIOS also Plug
n Pray OS. Just letting the BIOS assign IRQ'S. With a clean install
of Win 2k follow by SP2 patch. Then picking a older VIA 4in1 driver
at ver 4.32 per other people at their VIA Forum. This has worked
perfectly for over a week. All my devices loaded and were upgraded
flawless. Anybody with similar problems with a VIA chipset should
consider this option. I know turning off ACPI will cost a little of
energy usage. It may cause more heat related problems. But, it
seems like the only way to get full use of all existing devices.

Thanks for all that tried to help!!

Very HAPPY
Richard F. Bolha

On 17 Jan 2002 at 10:32, Brighteyes wrote:

> Hello Richard,
> Creative may be popular and all that, but they really are not the greatest
> sound card

I am very happy with the sound quality and toys included with the
internal Audigy card :)

Who is better??

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com