From:
Brighteyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:01:30 -0800
Hello Drew,

If you are running Windows 98 SE, that is an
issue that they do know about. It also happened to me
when I was using that one.
There is a fix for that at their website. Cant remember
the link now, but do a search on Windows 98 Shutdown/bootup
problem and that should get it for you.
Let us know if this works or not. It should.
Best wishes,
Sue Dobbs

<<snip>>
What led up to this over the past couple of days is that the computer
would spontaneously reboot. It didn't matter whether or not there was a
lot of hard drive activity, cpu activity or if it was just sitting
there. Sometimes it would reboot after three or four hours, sometimes
within a few minutes.

So far, I've tried removing all of the cards except the video card. I've
tried a different video card. I've replaced the power supply. I've
unplugged every peripheral except for video. I've tried different
memory. I've cleared the CMOS. About the only thing that I haven't done
is replace the motherboard and CPU (I don't have any extras of those).

I'm afraid that it's either the board or the CPU. At this point, I'm not
sure which it could be, but I'd sure welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!

Drew Dunn
<snip>

---