From:
Bob Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:56:19 +1100
Richard
There is a list of new bios available

Have you tried running the system with none of the problem devises
installed?
i.e. no Sound blaster but the modem and printer
also have you uninstalled the drivers for the sound, printer, modem
with win2k under the add remove hardware window there is a check box show
hidden devises
sometimes win 2k wont uninstall a driver cause it doesn't see a problem with
it.
So it just hides the devise when you uninstall it just in case you want to
put it back later.
Look under help uninstall devise..
Try a full uninstall then add each devise one at a time running the machine
for a while till you find the problem
devise. and again try running the modem as a std 56 k modem or as the one
win 2k thinks it is and the driver win2k wants to use (Can't hurt trying)

good luck

Bob Stout

Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] FC AZ11E motherboards with Win 2K ?

Hi Bob

The Creative Sound Blaster was a recent purchase over 30 days
ago. It is their top of line internal PCI Audigy line. I would certainly
hope they can make it work. It came with Win 2k drivers and can
only update drivers when install correctly per their website.

The modem is a Zoom external model 3049L V92. The modem
problem is a pain, but work most of the time. I tried both the
CDROM install and the most current Website installs.

The printer is also 3 months old a Lexmark X83. I tried both the
CDROM and website installs.

It is a custom built AMD 1 GHZ with a FC AZ11E motherboard with
256 MB of PC100 RAM ECC. WIn2k is patch to SP2. I have the VIA
4 in 1 update at version 4.35 reinstalled after adding devices. It has
a Western Digital 40 GB hard drive with a Award bios from year
2000 something. I am currently checking with Award for a upgrade.
It was a clean install of Win 2k.

Anybody out there with a FC Az11e motherboard running Win 2K
???

Richard F. Bolha

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml