Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 00:06:05 -0800

Dear Dwight,
with chemicals. I used to work in a store that carried pesticides
and perfumes. I could not, literally, walk through the perfume
counters without a hint of a headache starting up. I used to
get bronchitis at least 3 times a year when I worked directly
with pesticides. A dust cover mask made no difference so I
assume that some of the liquid products were exuding fumes.
Now that I no longer work there the bronchitis has disappeared
except that we had a case of pneumonia in the house and I had
a bout again, for the first time in years. Do I think that
chemicals can cause problems in general, yes indeed. I didn't
see any such reactions among my co-workers and I have CD. I don't
know if that means anything.
I won't
try to make your decisions about work , only to relate that my
lungs are much happier now. :) I still cannot tolerate perfumes
(have offended not only one person by changing seats in the theatre
after finding out that they were wearing perfume).
Please post if you have any questions,
Hope this was helpful,
Lisa