From:
Brian & Tami Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:24:03 -0800

HI!

Sorry so many posts tonight.  GEEZ!

BUT....this bread stuff.  OH, HOW FRUSTRATING.

I took your great suggestions (again, thank you) on which gf breads you
all love the most.  The number one for mixes was the GF Pantry's
Sandwich Bread Mix.  So, I bought it and made it.  It turned out
wonderful.  So, then I bought another package.....they forgot to put in
the yeast package.  So, I exchanged it, made my third loaf and it turned
out small and underdone.  I used the same cycle and crust color as
before....rapid/light.  Any suggestions?

Of course, in the meantime, I've been trying to gather all these
ingredients and different types of flours and gums to make my own bread
from scratch.  This is also frustrating.  First of all, I noticed that
at my local health food store (the only health food store we have around
here) there is NO precautions taken in order to prevent people from
using the same scoop to dip into the different flours.   I can't believe
this considering the owner himself has liver damage due to gluten.  But
he in Greece, so I can't VENT my frustrations to him, yet.  ALSO, they
can't seem to get any "sweet" rice flour in.  Oh, and don't forget, that
I did get moldy Food For Life Bread there.  So, I'm truly frustrated on
this bread issue.  Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Tami
Hoquiam, WA