From:
Brian & Tami Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:45:24 -0800

Hey everyone:

Do any of you eat the Tree of Life rice cake bite size snacks very
often?  I found that they are fat-free and have only 1 to 2 grams of
sugar per serving.  Anyhow, it has been a real chore getting a hold of
this Florida company.  But today I did get to speak to a representative
on the phone.

She said that the following flavors of the Fat-Free Bite Size Snack Rice
Cakes are gluten-free:

Caramel, Chocolate, Butter Pecan, Peanut Butter, BBQ, Plain, and
Jalapeno.

She also noted that their product called "Hominy Farms Rice Milk" is
gluten-free and has won the Best Tasting Rice Milk Award.  Also, their
Soy Wander Nut Butter is gluten-free and made in a plant that doesn't
process anything else.

Other gluten-free products are:

    Tree of Life Wheat-Free Cookie-Peanut Butter.
    Tree of Life Mustard-Yellow, Stone Ground, and Dijon

My daughter and I ate one of their 3.5 oz bags of the Peanut Butter Rice
Cakes.  They were delicious and definitely satisfying for the "crunch"
need I have.  HOWEVER, I did experience some stomach cramping shortly
after and couldn't decide if it was from those rice cakes or the grapes
I had at lunch.  SO, I'm wondering if any of you have eaten these rice
cakes and totally trust them.  I hope this information was helpful.
Thanks!!

Tami
Hoquiam, WA