C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joy Liebeskind <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:52:12 -0400
Jen- I feel very bad for you, but it will work out & she will know you
are her mother. I did daycare for 6 years for a little girl whose mom
worked full time because their other child was so seveerely handicapped
( CHARGE). I had her 44-48 hours a week from 2 weeks old on. She went
through a time where she cried for me & was only good for me...but I
think her mom was always rushed & nervous with her & very tired all the
time from trying to do it all.  It was very hard for her to see how well
she responded to me--1 side took her quilt at leaving her away, but she
questioned her mothering skills.   We talked & she made a routine with
her...laying on the bed 7 cuddeling when they got home for 15 min before
doing anything else. It became their special time together & they both
looked forward to it. Then they did the same as part of the bed time
routine. On a bad day for either of them it still works & that little
girl s 9 & mom is expecting a third child in a few weeks. Rest, relax 7
make a fun time for you both. That bond is there & it will grow. you
might ask the woman to concentrate on things in the house so you can
concentrate on the baby with out pressure-----good luck, it will work
out!   Joy