From:
"T. Joseph Carter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 19:55:24 -0700
They being anyone listening to you transmit, intentionally or
unintentionally, who might here you say, "Okay, my credit card number
is ..." and decide in the moment to make use of the opportunity.

Dunno what to say about the mailing list software abusing QP in
messages, modern email clients send MIME, automatically, and this
mailing list doesn't understand it.  It proceeds then to mangle what
it does not understand, using Quoted-Printable encoding, without ever
identifying it as such.  If it DID, your email client and mine could
easily decode the result.

With the source code to the list software and an administrator to
install the patch, it could probably be fixed in half an hour once
the appropriate place to put the patch were located.  But if you're
going to go through all that trouble, you might as well just install
mailman like everybody else.  Or Listar, if you're not a Mailman fan.

Joseph - KF7QZC