From:
"MARTIN J. KNIEP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:38:34 -0700
I have an AST 386SX to which I want to add an internal modem and a 3.5"
floppy drive.  I have recently purchased one of each from local retailers
thinking, "Parts is Parts".  Wrong!  My communication software, Commit, was
never able to locate the modem.  The documentation stated the modem required
Windows 3.1 or 95.  Is this a requirement for some modems (hardware)?  Or
does the packaged software require windows?  The floppy drive I brought home
was half the size of my case's available bay (not a real problem), had pin
connectors (my date cables connect to something more closely resembling a
card), and the power cable connection was of a different size than exists in
my system.

Are drives and modems still available for this generation of machine?  Where
(web sites, or general recommendations) can they be found?

P.S.  I am not living in the dark ages, I am only trying to get some
additional use from a system that would have likely been s***-canned by my
employer.

Thanks for any direction.

--
Martin Kniep
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA                It's not whether you win or lose,