From:
"MARTIN J. KNIEP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:12:14 -0700
Help!  I have a 386 which I am setting up as my second system to use
primarily for e-mail.  I have run McAfee Viruscan on the system and it
tells me I have traces of MONKEY_B Virus in memory.  It instructs to turn
off and start with a system-bootable disk.  No problem, I insert a system
disk (containing IO.SYS, MSDOS.SYS, and COMMAND.COM) which I have determined
to be virus free on another machine.  The system will boot to an "a:>"
prompt but when I either try to switch to "C:" as the active drive or run
"dir c:", I get an "invalid drive" message.

What have I done wrong?  Do I need additional files on the boot disk?  How
do I get this "MONKEY" off my back?

TIA for any help coming down the line.

--
Martin Kniep
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA                It's not whether you win or lose,