Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 21:57:12 -0400
If I remember corectly, Monkey loads itself in the boot sector of the disk
and then starts to encode the FAT portion. As long as you boot from the
infected disk, there's no problem because Monkey is loaded during the boot
process and then decodes the FAT on the fly. When you boot from the floppy,
there is nothing to decode the FAT on disk so it shows up more less as an
unformated
drive. I don't know of any antivirus that can actually dissinfect Monkey and
decode the FAT again. In which case, your only option would be reformat the
disk.

Oh, and don't think Monkey is just a harmless nuissance and you can just
live with it. When you least expect it, it will stop working and render your
disk unreadable. Period! Then you MUST format and sacrifice all data on the
disk.

Hope this helps. Somebody let me know if I got any of the details wrong.
It's been a while since I've dealt with Monkey.

--
Adam Gonsman