From:
john freibergs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 05:10:16 -0700
Thanks to all the people who responded.  Epson really
wasn't much help.  Even when I asked a specific
question in my e-mail, they went back to a stock
answer that they must have to respond with.

I finally did it the old fashioned way and reformatted
and reinstalled win98se.  And still had a minor
glitch, so I moved the plug to a different USB port
and that seems to solve the issue and the scanner
works fine.  So between cleaning the accumulated
'trash' off the system and the switch in ports things
work.

John