From:
John Freibergs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:55:54 -0400
Hi,

I just bought an Epson3590 scanner yesterday and I'm having trouble getting it to run.  When I install the drivers and connect the scanner I get the Epson Scan window.  When I press scan, it switches to preview and document type recognition and then I get the message "Cannot properly communicate with scanner.  Make sure the scanner is on, properly connected, and properly set up to scan.  If using a SCSI connection, restart your computer".  Or I just get the BSOD and "KEBUGCHECKEX:  called by c002aaf3  Error code is 44  Parameters: f97a7e50 0 0 0  system halted".  I've e-mailed Epson and they haven't been much help to this point. Though I'm still waiting for an answer to my last question.

I assume the problem is a conflict between the Epson driver and some other driver on my system.  But how do I figure out what.  And how do I work around it.  I'm running win98se and have a Pentium 2.8 processor with 512mb of ram.  Any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

TIA
John

As an aside there seem to be a number of programs out there that claim to be able to analyze this issue.  Does anyone have any experience with any of them working.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com