From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:59:20 -0500
I take it this an AT mobo rather than an ATX mobo since you are using an AT power supply.  You really don't have much of a problem if it is shutting down on its own.  The screens are window dressing, and have nothing to do with the actual shutdown.  The MS cure for Win 98.2 that you applied is unrelated to the screens and the green wavy lines.  As long as it works (shuts down), I would suggest you leave it alone.  When you get the screens and they just sit there with no shutdown, then you'll have a problem.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.