Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:37:24 -0500

Well here is what I got:

8 said Jimmy Dean's (but not the fat free)
3 - Jones
3- Shelton's
2 - Bob Evans
1 - Wamplers (from Kroger)
1-  Swift Premium
1 - Hillshire Farms
1 - Bar S
1 - Hormel Little Sizzlers
1 - Owens
1 - Trader Joes Chicken Sausage
1-  Shady Brook Turkey Sausage

I also received several comments and recipe site as follows:

Sausage is a tough one for Celiacs.  We have several sausage recipes in
our Members Section of our Recipe Book on our site,
www.glutenfreeda.com.  Sausage is easy to make and better than brand
sausage because you can control ingredients, even as far as the quality
of the meat you use.  We have a Cooking Class on Making Your Own Sausage
in our archives.  I hope you will visit our site and take advantage of
the 50 free and gluten-free recipes every month.  We would also love to
have you as a member.

I make my own sausage . . it's really very easy. There's a great recipe
in Lucy's Cookbook from the SCDiet.  You can use whatever ground meat
you want, just mix in the seasonings by hand, pat into patties, separate
with wax paper and freeze in baggies.  I usually double the recipe so it
will last a while.

http://www.northstarbison.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/product-id/103861.html

I bought some. It includes salt and sugar as ingredients. Since I never
eat these foods having them in it was too much for me. A celiac friend,
however, liked it.

To thank everyone who shared information I would like to share my
Stuffed Mushroom Recipe.

STUFFED MUSHROOMS

Preheat oven to 400* farienheight
Wash mushrooms and remove stems
Mix Together:

1 lb. Jimmy Dean sausage
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 packet of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix

Stuff Mushrooms and bake about 10 minutes.

Fabulous!

Thanks to all of you I hope you enjoy the mushrooms!

Cecilia, TX