Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:40:41 -0500

Hi !  After my post last week on Sausage that contained the recipe for
stuffed Mushrooms I recieved a couple of questions about the GF status
of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup mix.  I called Lipton today ( 1 800
697 7887) and spoke to Barbara.  They no longer put out a Gluten Free
list, but I questioned her on all the suspect ingredients and The
modified food starch is made from corn.  The carmel color is made from
Brown sugar, and the natural flavorings contain no protiens so they
could not be from wheat, rye, barley.  I feel safe that this product is
still Gluten Free and am going to continue to use it.  I guess it is
just a personal choice.  Thanks for the heads up to those of you who
questioned the status of the soup mix.

Cecilia, TX