RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:58:49 -0600
Carol (or is it Reggie?),

You said:
> While I'm usually in agreement with you, Wes, I have to question
> this notion.  I mean, where do you draw the line?  Do you eat
> banana peels, avocado pits, and nut shells?  I'm not trying to
> be snotty here.  I'm honestly trying to get to the rule of thumb
> about this thing.

Well, obviously the absolutely truly whole food (eggs) would include the
shell. Same with bananas (peel), nuts (shell), etc.. So if we were
really going to eat "whole eggs", we would eat the shell along with the
white & yolk.

Reality: The edible food inside the shell consists of the white and the
yolk, not just the yolk, or just the white. Whole eggs are referred to
as white and yolk.

Question: Why do you think it's good to consume only the yolk? There is
no good reason to consume only the white or only the yolk; the body uses
them in synergistic fashion in assimilation.

Wes