RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:58:57 -0600
Gerry Coffey wrote:

> of a N.H. physician, I started eating grains very cautiously. Seemed to do
> okay, so went full force and got addicted.

What % raw/cooked do you eat? And how much fruit? Just curious. And what
do you make of the "lessons learned via the M2M" thing in the last part
of the Ward Nicholson interview (re: mostly raw vegan people running
into problems, some even serious)?

> --This might prove well for many others but I had a specific negative reaction
> to concentrated protein and fat (oil in nuts/seeds/avocados, etc), which is
> why I became so knowledgeable on the subject and was able to verify Dr.
> Campbell's and other NH theory re: the connection between concentrated protein
> and disease onset For that reason I couldn't depend on them to build and
> increase weight Fruits and certain low sodium vegetables were my staple Which,
> without the seeds and nuts and high sodium fruits and veggies didn't leave a
> lot on which to build. Hence the emaciated body And why grains "seemed" to be
> the answer.

Well, we can always look at the other side of this... Grains have been
implicated as being "bad news" to the human organism... I know at least
for me, I didn't feel too great using cooked or raw/soaked grains. I've
ditched all grains from my diet. It seems that we are not suited to
grain consumption... Perhaps they're "unnatural" for us to ingest? As
for the nuts & seeds, I eat quite a bit of them. Also coconut, which
apparently is a "fruit"? Coconut contains lauric acid...a very
beneficial substance. Only other significant source of lauric acid (that
I have read of) is mother's milk.

What was the specific negative reaction that you felt, using the
concentrated protein/fat raw foods?

> --Going on Dr. Campbell's findings (you might wish to check into The China
> Project, I think it's on the web somewhere), humans have not evolved in such a
> way that consuming animal protein is health promoting. That said, it is
> obvious humans have tolerated animal protein, but just that it is not the most
> highly suitable fuel for their digestive tracts

Yes, I've read some info on that project, however the people studied do
indeed eat SOME animal protein, do they not? In other words, they are
not vegans... The implication of the study seems to be that small
amounts of animal protein, in a mostly vegan diet, is much healthier
than intermediate to high amounts of animal protein in the diet. This
correlates with most of the other things I've read in this regard. This
is also what I practice in my own diet, however I eat my animal protein
(free range eggs), raw. I don't think the implication of that study is
that we are necessarily vegans. But I do think it has a lot of merit,
and shows quite convincingly that we are suited to a predominantly vegan
diet, supplemented by a small amount of animal protein. Of course, the
Paleo people wouldn't agree. They eat MASSIVE amounts of animal protein.
Animal flesh-based diets. That goes totally against all the objective
research that has been compiled for decades.

By the way, why don't Kirt, Liza, Jean-Louis, and the rest of the
stickler gang tackle your assertions once in a while? I would think that
they would find what you say re: excess (and especially animal) protein
to be root of all degenerative diseases and accellerated aging, to be
prime material to jump all over! However, so far, I haven't seen it.

Not that I want that to happen, but it's just a bit puzzling to me that
they only see my assertions to be fit for dissection. Maybe they don't
have anything to counter this hard-core evidence (China Study)? :)

Wes