RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:41:06 -0400
Hi!

I'm new to the list... I thought I'd just jump in with a couple of questions:

Can I have some opinions on raw dairy - goat or cow derived milk, yogurt, cheese, butter. I know the pasteurized forms are well-known to be mucus forming, and generally unhealthful in many ways; however is there a dramatic difference in the raw form, and would they be a good addition to one's diet, generally speaking? I know that from the Paleo perspective on dairy, this wouldn't be recommended; however I do acknowledge that there are many long-lived cultures and people who do use dairy products (such as the Hunzas) as a staple in the diet.

Also, starches - tubers, grains, etc. - would these be superior in their raw state, or cooked? Would raw yams for example be as assimilable as boiled yams? I currently hold the belief that cooking helps break down the starch, but I don't know this for sure. If in fact starches are better in their raw state, that would be the only info I'd need to go from mostly raw to 100% raw (btw, I include raw free range eggs as part of my diet).

Thanks in advance for any info!

Wes