RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:17:22 -1000
arjen:
> 5)Who says that they did thrive? As I wrote in a
> BC was at 11 years! I am glad I am not living in a
> tribe you consider to be thriving!

Your calculation is absurd. Ascribing a linear progression of something that
is hardly linear. It is, indeed, illogical. Especially since the
reproductive success for 11 year olds would likely have lead to extinction
in the era you claim. Especially since the age of menarche has been seen to
decrease over the last few hundred years. Especially because you claim that
you are so logical.

But just for the morbidity rate of it all, let's apply your style argument
to human brain size, for example. It appears from fossil records that
ancestral humans had a brain of 600+ cubic centimenters some one million
years ago. 500,000 years later brain size had doubled to 1200 cc. So by your
absurd reasoning today we would have a brain of 2400 cc (it averages 1300cc
in reality), and going backwards: two million years ago it would have been
300cc--halved twice. Four million years ago it would've been 75 cc (halved
four times). Eight million years ago (when the diet would have been the one
you say is anatmically correct for modern humans) the brain would be,
according to your inane calculation method: less than 1cc. Perhaps a 1 cc
brain isn't capable of explicitly logical thought, eh? Never mind that the
calculation above are false-to-facts--I'm trying to make a point so I will
make illogical assumptions to prove the point I blindly believe in the first
place. ;)

> It is nonsense to say that my reasoning is illogical.

No, it isn't. Some zinc supplements may be in order. ;)

> Maybe you don't agree with it, but it is definitely
> not illogical!

Ah, the logical exclaimation point! I love it!!!

> And if you don't agree with my
> reasoning, I expect you to come with valid counter
> arguments.

As Stefan has found, it is very hard to argue with an argumentative someone
who can't think clearly, and who claims that he doesn't want to argue in the
first place. ;)

Cheers,
Kirt