RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
arjen hoekstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:07:09 -0800
Hi Stefan,

I see that Anwar is not the only one who hasn't
understood my posts or chooses to ignore my arguments.
For your convenience I will sum up my problems with
your argument again:

Stefan:
"How could they eat up to 90% meat in the last ice
time and still develop their brains? One would expect
that such a "wrong" diet would make them sick and die
early and not thrive and get bigger and bigger brains.
This is simply illogical and I can't see how you can
repair your type of reasoning here."

1) Obviously your figure of 90% is during an ice age
and I hope that I don't really have to explain that
that is extremely far removed from an ideal climate
zone and habitat.
2) Since your figure is coming from an ice age, you
are talking about a completely different time period
then when, according to your own information, the
biggest brain expansion took place, which was
according to you when we started using tools. So you
are hopelessly mixing up your timing.
3) As I explained before, development of the brain can
be the cause of several other factors than nutrition.
Brains can still expand on "bad" nutrition when the
selection pressures on increasing brain size are
strong enough.
4) Brain expansion was already going on before we
started eating meat.
5)Who says that they did thrive? As I wrote in a
BC was at 11 years! I am glad I am not living in a
tribe you consider to be thriving!

It is nonsense to say that my reasoning is illogical.
Maybe you don't agree with it, but it is definitely
not illogical! And if you don't agree with my
reasoning, I expect you to come with valid counter
arguments.

Take care, Arjen

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1