RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kirt Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:31:47 -1000

> Hello Kirt,
>
> [1] Cutup durian:
> Please check this site <http://www.thepurefoodnetwork.org/>

Thanks, Beatrice.

> Incidentally, doesn't durian grow in Mexico as well? Couldn't fresh,
> whole durian be imported from Mexico?

Theoretically. I don't know of any commercial Mexican plantings, but my
ignorance is great.

> Personally, I avoid fruit from Hawaii, since I think it gets treated
> with hot water and perhaps bleach and other chemicals. Does anyone know
> for sure?

Hawaiian papaya and pineapples are worth avoiding in the mainland (all
sorts of treatment that hinders "purity"). No other non-irradiated
fruit gets to the mainland as far as I know. I have _very rarely_ seen
durian for sale at the local markets of the big island. The climate is
marginal for them and the local demand far surpasses the supply.

FWIW, Thai and Indonesian durians that make it to US markets (fresh)
are about as good as it gets in the mainland. Costs more than they are
worth IMO.

> [2] Genefit Nutrition (book):
> Please check this site <http://www.genefitnutrition.com>

Thanks again,