From:
"Thomas, Janet (HRD)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 1995 08:43:00 ADT

I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada, just to put my response in
geographic context.  We asked the local McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's
to provide us with an ingredient listing for all their products.  They were
quite willing to do so, and at McDonald's especially are quite happy to
prepare Michael's food separately.  Lately there has been a young woman
working there whose fiance has Celiac disease so I find that they have
gotten even better.  One caution, sometimes these places have specials which
are not gluten-free and which may contaminate their other products.  For
example, when we had the curly fries promotion here they were not
gluten-free and since they were cooked with the other fries there were no
'safe' fries.  For you Canadians on the list (I'm not sure if this chain
exists elsewhere), Dairy Queen will make ice cream cakes without the cookie
crumble, replacing the cookies with frozen strawberries.  This is an easy
birthday cake for all you working parents.

Janet