From:
Lisa Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 11:46:44 +0600

As I have been reading the postings about this topic one thought keeps
returning over and over again in my mind:  How is it possible to subsist
almost entirely off of foods that you make from stratch?  As a senior in
college, with a thousand different things to be doing at once this seems
entirely impossible.  I have no choice but to rely on what manufacturers are
telling me.  If gluten is accidently slipping by me, I must live with that
reality.  In addition, I'm looking at entering the field of public
accounting after I graduate.  One consequence of this job will be eating out
on a _very_ regular basis, basically every lunch and probably some dinners.
Packing your lunch is not an option when you're eating with clients.  For
everyone, there is a certain amount of risk you choose to, and have to,
tolerate when it comes to eating gluten.  For some of us this is more than
others.  For those of you who are able to cook all your own foods,
congratulations and I envy you.

Lisa Davis
Virginia Tech
"You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself about,
 That's what it's all about!"