From:
David Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 11:53:14 EDT

Connie wrote:

> Marvin, I have had mouth sores sometimes.  I think it has been from too much
> citrus or pesticides used on some fruits.  Another of irritations has been
> from some tooth pastes and mouthwashes.

I too get mouth sores.  Sometimes the sores are open, but mostly I
just suffer with some tongue swelling and burning.  Chemicals (either
airborne or on a fruit or vegetable) rather than food stuffs are the
things that usually trigger this type of reaction..  For example, if
I'm not careful while eating a grapefruit and some of the rind gets in
my mouth, or if I'm in an area where lawn herbicides have been applied
my tongue will burn, and I'll be unable to taste things, for a couple
of hours afterward.

--
Dave...