Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 10:40:24 EDT

Here is our play dough recipe.  It makes wonderful play dough (as close as we
have ever seen to the real thing).  We accidently stumbled onto this by
modifying it a couple times.  It works with regular flour or rice flour.

1/2 cup flour (rice for GF, wheat for Non-GF, or whatever)
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 tsp cooking oil
food coloring

Cook and stir on low heat for 3 minutes or until it forms a ball.

We tried it with no corn starch and it was YUK.   We tried it with nothing but
corn starch and it was a little too thick and crumbly.  The original recipe
called for 1 cup flour so as we just make sure the amount of corn starch and
flour totals one cup.

We still can't make decent bread but play dough is no problem.

Tim Meadows, Warsaw, IN  46580