VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Seymour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 06:18:01 -0400
On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Steve Zielinski wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I don't think there is any kind of notification system built into vocal
> eyes to tell you when paragraphs begin.

That is too bad. The option of a clicking sound after two hard returns
would be useful.

 If your synthesizer does not
> delay between blank lines to indicate a paragraph, then the best thing you
> can do is set ve to tell you when blank lines are crossed.

That does not work when I read the screen by pressing Alt , which is when
knowing the paragraph breaks is quite useful.

It also does not when reading the Internet. It only seems to work when I
manually move the cursor over a blank line. It is under these situations
when I can detect a blank line, anyway, because of the silence.

> As far as dictionary creations for making your synthesizer speak words
> differently.  Create a file called speech.dic in your c:\\speech
> directory   An ASCII file of course.

Exactly how do I do this?

I use DEc talk.

Peter Seymour>