VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:20:49 -0400
posting from Windsor Maine;
Steve Hoad

I've been dabbling in XP with very little time to learn (I use my computer
10 hours or more a day for work).

Its such a pain to change operating systems I've been slow to do it but
here's an example of what Gordon's talking about, I think.

I get a message that Windows Update has downloaded patches and is ready to
install them which crosses my desktop then seems to disappear.  I've tried
alt tabbing to find it again and moved around the desktop, even checked the
taskbar and toolbars but nothing.

How am I missing this?

In '98 it was simple to find and do.

Its also worth noting that the "Blaster Worm" didn't effect '98.

Steve