VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 06:11:24 -0500
When I read Mike's post, I figured that was his deal, his opinion and one
that doesn't really work for me.  Why?  Because I don't have the money or
inclination to buy a portable braille display just to have an accident in a
resturant and spill Coke, tea, or whatever into it.

Also, it doesn't seem quite right to have to carry a $4,000 unit around all
the time.

I would think that cassettes work for some, though I'd agree they're clunky
and unscannable for a quick read.

I love to go back to the Braille.  My wife often reads the menu to me, its a
real treat to do it for her, instead!  My reading speed is close to, if not
equal to that of sighted menu readers and I always order on time because I'm
always hungry!

You can take your choice, but I'll still take braille, real Braille not
electronic please!

Steve Hoad

posting from Windsor Maine;
Steve Hoad