VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2021 08:53:20 -0700
Hmm, when Thunderbird updates, there's sometimes an explanatory screen
(probably release notes). That screen doesn't always talk for some
reason. You might try ctrl+tab to find out if you have more than one
tab. The explanatory screen is About. The other tab is probably an
inbox. If this is the case, ctrl+tab to About; then ctrl+w to close that
window.

If you're a Jaws user, be aware that Thunderbird doesn't always work
well with Jaws. Sometimes subject lines aren't spoken. Other times
message bodies aren't spoken. Still other times, all works as it should.
Thunderbird works just fine with Narrator and NVDA. Not sure what the
difference is.