VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2021 17:23:56 -0400
Hi all,

I was using thunderbird 52.4.

I was told to upgrade to Thunderbird 91.3.

So I did.

And what do I get?

Every time that I launch Thunderbird, I get the notification sound, and
it tells me that I received a certain number of messages, which is what
it is suppose to do, which is great, but 2 other things are happening,
which I cannot even see, but it gives a dong, as if something else is
happening, but who knows what that is.

but it messes things up for a couple of minutes. I have no speech for 30
seconds at a time.

It doesn't even tell me what is going on.

Then, I go to the article I have, about getting your windows computer up
and running, and go to the section about Thunderbird, and what to do
there, and, in 91.3, in the tools menu, there's not even an options,
it's a preferences web page, like Google Chrome, so, now, I will have to
redo the Thunderbird section of that article.

So, the next time someone tells you to upgrade your thunderbird, to keep
it updated, if yours is still working great, and it's doing what you
want, and the newer version does not have any new features you want,
ignore them, because you'll be up the creek.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]