From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2005 11:29:34 -0400
It is virtually guaranteed that repairs like this will cost as much ormore than a new LCD.  With prices dropping you can now get a Dell 2405 fpw (24" LCD with PIP, PBP, and 12 ms response time for $900.  The Samsung 21" is now (until 5/31) under $600 with a Samsung $100 rebate.  Smaller screens run from $250 and up, and repairs that are as labor intensive and high tech as fixing a scratch are going to be in excess of $300.  I would do that for a fairly new $1,000 LCD, but not for an older smaller one (19" or less).

Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Peter wrote;
>>monitor suffered an accident
>>family member keep pointing to the LCD screen with pencils and other
>objects.
>>Now I have a small scratch in the lower right corner that is rather
>>annoying
>>Is there a way to repair this?
>
>Yes there is but at what cost? The site listed below is one of what I think
>are many companies that have capitalized on the delicacies of LCD screens.
>When disaster hits, a new industry is born.
>http://www.moniserv.com/doc/lcd.htm
>
>Sincerely,

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.