From:
Delano Lalla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:12:08 EDT
I've recently encountered a strange problem with my Digital Research CDRW.
After purchasing a scanner with a USB port, I also bought a PCI USB interface
card. I had to pick and choose which IRQ to disable as my system IRQ's are
all taken up.
Found one, disabled it.. my system was working normally.  However, a system
format was long overdue, so I formatted my HD, reinstalled 98 and now
whenever I try  to launch the supplied software, EZ CD creator, I get an
error message claiming that WNASPI32.DLL is not loaded.  I delved into the
matter of Adaptec's ASPI drivers, downloaded the update utils, followed the
directions to the TEE, multiple times.  Now the problem has elevated to a
blue screen.

Has anyone insight to this problem?
By the way, on the ASPI version checker from Adaptec, upon running, I get an
illegal operation error in my Kernel32.dll.  After closing that notification
window, the ASPI checking program loads fine, the status of my ASPI drivers
are reported to be properly installed, however failed to initialize, then it
leaves 0xE4.. is that hex for an IRQ?  Or is it just an error code?

Thanks in advance,
Delano Lalla.