From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:01:26 -0400
Bob,

That is one of the major design differences between Epson and HP.  HP puts
the entire print head in the cartridge.  It makes the cartridge more
expensive, but cleaning/repairing are much cheaper.

I have cleared gummed up HP cartridges by soaking the head in alcohol for a
minute or so.   You might be able to clean your jets with a Q-tip and
alcohol.  Be you risk leaving lint/fuzz.  An electronics supply house should
have lintless cleaning swabs.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====