From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:41:39 -0500
How much ram is installed?  Some old Intel chipsets do not like more than 64
meg of ram if the external L2 cache is enabled.  Go into cmos and disable L2
external cache.  If that doesn't work, consider replacing ram.  Dos is 16
bit, as is the beginning of win9x install routine.  When the pc shifts to 32
bit mode it starts using all the ram, and if the ram is suspect, the windows
installer program corrupts the hard disk.
Tom Turak