From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:01:03 EST
In a message dated 1/7/2002 6:41:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I want to network teo home computers.  Each has a NIC with two types of
 connectors,, a BNC and a RJ45  i think they are called.  The computers
 are about 80 feet apart.  One running Windows XPl; the other Windows 95.
  What is the best type cable to network them, the BNC type ot the RJ45
 type..???   Which is best got reliability , and for speed, at that
 distance..??? >>

David,

I would agree with Tom Turak's recommendations as well.  Running CAT5 cable
is slightly easier and makes tighter corners without problems.  You said it
was a home network setup about 80 ft apart so I don't imagine you're gonna be
running a cable straight down the middle of the floor to the other computer.
Running CAT5 along floorboards and tight corners would be the way to go.  I
would recommend using a hub however.  It's only a $30+ investment but gives
you alot of future options for adding more computers.  I would locate it
centrally and run the cables from the hub to the computers.  CAT5 is
relatively cheap and available in a lot of stores like Fry's and BestBuy.

HTH,
Kevin Nowicki

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml