From:
Dean Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:13:23 -0800
Jeff:
I am unable to type out the whole section, so I refer you to Mark Minasi,
"The Complete PC Upgrade & Maintenance Guide," 7th edition, pp. 764 and
following,
"To configure a new floppy you must,
-Terminate the drive properly
-set the drive select jumper
-Select System Ready/Disk Change
-Connect it to the twisted or non-twisted connector . . .

Also, pp. 766ff., "After the drive is terminated . . . the driver must be
selected. This means that certain jumpers must be added or removed."

I haven't installed dual floppies, so I have actually never looked at
modern floppies to examine jumpers, nor do I want to open up a box to look
at this moment. As I said earlier I was remembering from previous reading.
If you don't have this or a similar book you should be able to find it and
a Borders bookstore or any large bookstore.
hth, Dean