From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:06:40 -0600
Hello to all

I have a client with a system with the following problem:

When she inserts a CD into the drive, it is auto detected, the Microsoft CD
Player starts, and the CD begins to play.  After about 20 seconds, the
display on the CD Player software changes, and says No Audio or Data CD
detected.  The CD continues to play for about 1 minute, and then stops.  The
track can be restarted by pressing the play button but the same thing will
happen.  After about 1 minute, the music stops.

This is a tekram motherboard, an AMD K6-2 300 mhz machine with 64 mb ram.
It uses a Sound Blaster Ensoniq sound card and an ATI 3D charger video card.
Windows 95 release 2.5 [or what ever the last release prior to win 98 was].

I downloaded the most recent driver for the ensoniq card, no help.

Has anyone any ideas as to what to try next with this machine?

Thanks
Mike Buraczewski