From:
John Hornbuckle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 07:50:58 -0400
>2) My sound card (PnP) is working okay, but in device manager, i can see
>a yellow sign beside it. i know usually it means my sound card has a
>conflict with something and i couldn't find anything wrong this time.

   Well, it doesn't always indicate a conflict--it can also indicate that
the device isn't working, or that there's a problem with the drivers. We
know the device IS working, though, since you get sound. Have you looked at
the properties of your sound card in Device Manager to exclude the
possibility of a conflict?
   If there's no conflict, then you may want to reinstall the drivers for
the sound card. This might be a good time to go to the card's
manufacturer's Web site and get the latest and greatest version.
   Another option is to leave things the heck alone, since the card seems
to be operating properly. The exclamation point is annoying, but you can
live with it.

>3) My cd-rom drive has an earphone jet as any other cd-rom drives, can
>anyone tell me how to use it?

   The only audio that would come out of that jack is from a music CD. With
most (if not all) CD-ROMs, that jack is disabled when you run an audio
cable from the drive to your sound card (thus causing the CD audio to come
from your speakers).

John Hornbuckle

Phoenix Computer Systems, Inc.
114 West Green Street