From:
Qian Jun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 16:40:25 -0700
I have number of questions this time.

1) I forgot turn my speakers on yestoday, but the right speaker was
still working okay (the right speaker line HAS TO go pass left speaker,
the power button is on left speaker), how could this happened? (i didn't
found the speakers was off because this, until i found the music only
from right side half hour later - i thought i'm a fool)

2) My sound card (PnP) is working okay, but in device manager, i can see
a yellow sign beside it. i know usually it means my sound card has a
conflict with something and i couldn't find anything wrong this time.

3) My cd-rom drive has an earphone jet as any other cd-rom drives, can
anyone tell me how to use it?  i've tried playing music cd, playing
games, even normal office work, all music comes out from speakers not
earphone.

4) the day before yestoday, when i turned my PC on, the screen became
unreadable (from beginning - boot up, i can ensure every sigle cable was
connected okay), i could still see where was start button, so i tried to
change display setting (from 24bit to 256color, i can see the position
of buttons and i know what they are), but i get a error message (i
couldn't read it because the screen, but it looks very much like saying
someting wrong with display card).  Then i took my PC and monitor to the
computer shop, funny thing happened, it was great there (i didn't do
anyting, they also).  Now my PC is okay since back from computer shop.
any ideal what was the problem?

5) could anyone tell me how to adjust "suspend" function?  I use win95
b, i enabled the Suspend on start menu, but it's so sensitive, sometimes
even i touched my desk (i guess the mouse moves a bit because the
touch), the computer will wake up.  I want it only wakes up when i press
a key, not move mouse (i'm happy with my mouse setting and don't want to
change it).

Any help will be great!

Jun