From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:31:26 GMT
Personally, I prefer Maxtor.  I may get a few dissenters out there, but I
have had and installed several of these drives.  Recently I bought one that
came doa.  I called Maxtor, and the new drive is on the way pronto.  They
have a "No Quibble" policy about returns, and it's true.

However, I would stay away from Seagate.  My other recommendations would be
Fujitsu and WD (I have seen excellent performance from the Fujitsu's).  I
have heard nothing but horror stories about IBM drives, so I would
personally shy away from them.  Hope this helps.

Kyle

>From: Uzi Paz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [PCBUILD] Which HD (and a big thank you for helping with
>    motherboard)
>Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:33:35 +0300
>
>Now as to choosing the hard disk, I would go with typical UDMA hard
>disks 8.4 Gb, the faster ones (66Mhz) are too expensive for this
>purchase). In the past Seagate got bad reputation, and I could say that I
>would go only with IBM or WD, but I'm not sure that this is still valid.
>I can now choose between Seagate and WD, and initially I tend to go
>with WD, but wish to hear few more views.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html