From:
David Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:33:32 +0200
> Older 286 cpu pc's gained access to CMOS setup by using a special setup
> diskette which you had to boot from.  I found several mentions in a google
> search for your Phoenix BIOS version that said their 386sx systems used
the
> older diskette method, rather than the 'press a key' method to access CMOS
> setup.
>
> If this unfortunately turns out to be true for you, perhaps you could
> explain why you need to get into CMOS in the first place.

<snip>

> Tom Turak

Dear Tom,

I want to get into the CMOS in order to set up a password for my client, at
his request.

If I cannot get into the CMOS, then I will try to find a software password
utility that will work on a 386 machine (if such a thing exists). A software
password is unquestionably much less preferred by my client.

David Grossman

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml