From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:01:19 -0400
Older 286 cpu pc's gained access to CMOS setup by using a special setup
diskette which you had to boot from.  I found several mentions in a google
search for your Phoenix BIOS version that said their 386sx systems used the
older diskette method, rather than the 'press a key' method to access CMOS
setup.

If this unfortunately turns out to be true for you, perhaps you could
explain why you need to get into CMOS in the first place.  It would seem to
me to be more practical to move the hard disk to a newer pc if the only
version of the dos software is on this one drive.  If its not an ide drive
you would need an ISA slot for the Leading Technologies MFM drive
controller, but these are not that rare today.  I have a Celeron 400 that
has an ISA slot that would accept an MFM hard disk controller.  MFM drives
don't count as IDE drives so you won't have to remove any IDE devices from
the newer pc.

Tom Turak