From:
Robert Zeoli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 17:09:13 -0500
Hi I want to be able to network about 4 pcs, share a dial up internet access, with potential to upgrade the internet to cable in the future.  I purchased a
Barricade Router (SMC7004ABR) from SMC which I thought would be able to do all of this.
I set it up and it worked.  I was able to share files between computers and surf the net on both of the computers I started with.  Then after about 4 hours I could not longer access the router from either machine.  Turn it off and next day it again worked for about 4 hours then performance degrades until I can longer surf or even ping the router from either pc.  Well maybe I set it up wrong, so after several setups same thing.  Then I contact SMC and they say update the firm ware.  So I do.  Same problem.  Again I contact SMC and they reply: "We have seen this issue and are currently addressing it.  There will be a new firmware update available very soon (on our website) that will resolve
this problem. "  I need to resolve this issue so I am returning the router.  Has any one have a similar need that they have solved and have a product recomendation which will do this?
thanks

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml