From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:34:55 -0700
The problem will be that the BIOS configuration won't be saved.  If you are
willing to put up with this inconvenience at boot, it's not a problem.
Otherwise, you will need the battery to keep the settings.  You might check
with your local computer shop and see if they have a way to repair it.  I
would rather let them do saudering on my board than myself, cause if they
break it (easy to do if you don't know the proper technique for saudering on
a mb), they have to pay to fix it.

Some boards used to have a three or four pin external battery jumper that
you could plug a battery in.  Yours may or may not.  They cost about $8 the
last time I got one.  I had to go to Fry's last time I needed one, but Radio
Shack might have them (though I wouldn't patronize them unless my very life
was threatened) or an on-line store.

Regards.

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions
Sales - Upgrades - Training - Consulting
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"