From:
Joel BLuming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 22:15:42 -0400
Dear John and Listers

Thanks for your reply

I have checked the volume control, and have even installed the new MS
media player. To no avail. When I try to play a wave file I get a message
that there is no device available to play it. Midi still plays fine.

One other thing. I have a generic voice modem which has a wave device. It
is based on the Cirrus Logic MD3450 chipset. It adds a listing in the
sound card section of device manager called "wave device for voice
modem". I would delete it but I want the voice capability of the modem.

Again, I have the same configuration and the same two cards in other
computers with no problems. Any other toughts?

Joel Bluming
ICQ #5875120

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998 16:57:12 -0500 (EST) John Rinehart
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Joe,
>
>Another possibility is that the volume for the wave files is either
>muted or
>turned off.  If the volume control in not in the tray then open
>Control Panel -
>Multimedia - Audio Tab and check the box [show volume control on task
>bar].
>
>You may have to reboot for this option to be updated in the registry.
>Then
>double click the volume control in the task bar and make sure that the
>volume
>in turned on for the Wave files and the mute box is not checked.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>John
>
>-------- REPLY, Original message follows --------
<snip>

>> Subject: Re: Yamaha Sound
>>
>> Dear John and List
>> I did have and "Other" entry for the sound card, which I deleted
>previously.
>> The device manager shows only one entry for the sound card, and one
>for the
>> game port. I can play Midi files but still no wave files.
>>
>> Thanks

<snip>